VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Whats up!

I just found a old copy of Heretic on 3 1/2 floppy & my drive does not want to read it, it just wants to be a bastard 😈 and try to re-format my discs! 😳 😠

I have Nerves of Steel also (Whup-de-do, its okay I guess, coulda been way better though... 😒 ) and it's made off the same format I think, IBM & Soundblaster & I can read that so.... Heres my specs. incase someone knows whats up.

- My Specs.

I tried to see if DosBox would read it, but had no success. Still trying with VDMSounds, but the reason you see this post in DOS is because there might be a different way YOU know that don't require either. 😁

Thanks!

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 1 of 3, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well I guess i'm thankin' myself this time! I went to my moms with my laptop & she has an old IBM w/ Win98 Plus.I networked the Comps. I then took the disks copied them onto her system into Zipped folders & then to the laptop throught the network! 😁

Stoked, so now I can install the 3 1/2 floppy of Heretic in XP! 😀

😵 Waxxxz018 😵

---"Nothings Impossible!!! It Can Be Done!!! It's Just A Damn PC!!! Show It Who's Boss Man!!!"---

Reply 2 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yes floppy are unreliable from time to time. Not to mention the drives.

Although i experienced lately the same fact with my old 2 speed cdrom. It was unable to read some cdrom. in another reader it was fine.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 3, by Waxxxz018

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Another one was The Legend of Robin Hood -Conquest of the Longbow, I got the disk to boot, opened it, went to copy the file and got a "this is not a readable Windows format". So I converted the file to read as a .txt file and it copied fine!?

Windows + Floppy Drives (or Any Removable Media as a matter of fact) = Way, Way Weird sometimes! 🤣

😵 Waxxxz018 😵