VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ripperknight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'v tried to play "ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?" and "D", for many years and it's impossible!
Does enybody know how to run them? Please! I'm very interested since my young years!

Sorry for my English.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Have you tried compatibility mode? Ok, heres what you do, right-click on the .exe file in your game folder and select Properties and click on the compatibility tab on properties. and select Windows 95.
If the game runs in 256 colors, then select 256 colors mode on the compatibility tab. if you tried that and it did not work, then try to go buy a older computer that has Windows 95. or try to go look for a old computer you don't use often. And if you tried looking for a old computer and did not find it, then try to install Windows 95 on your current one. if it is too risky, then try to go get a old machine. I know Ebay is a good place for old machines or search at google.com "Used Computers" then you should get good results.

Reply 3 of 3, by ripperknight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the answers.
In respecto of OS, I use Windows2000, and it hasn't compatibility options en properties mode. I'll try to use an old machine, but I just wanted to run these games in my computer. Modern=best isn't it? It seems not, and make me anger.

Dosbox doesn't support these games.

Thanks again!