VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello,
i was played Quake 1.. and as im becaming more and more greedy with every new technology upgraded.. i started to be disappointed by sound quality, when game is starting there some its about SB setting and that rate 11025 is used? I never understood sound too much, but as i understand it, more is better.. and some Dos games has rate up to 44KHz.
I could get Quake sound info through soundinfo and sbinfo command, here is 11025 for me, maybe is because that im emulating too old SBpro2 by Yamaha driver SET Blaster.. I tried to find any console command / variable to increase quality, but i have failed..

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 2 of 5, by ruthan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks its working fine.

Im old goal oriented goatman, i care about facts and freedom, not about egos+prejudices. Hoarding=sickness. If you want respect, gain it by your behavior. I hate stupid SW limits, SW=virtual world, everything should be possible if you have enough raw HW.

Reply 5 of 5, by DracoNihil

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can also download QTEST1, extract *some* of the WAV files from that and use those as drop-in replacements on retail quake.

Though the nailgun can't be replaced this way as they sound very different in QTEST1.

“I am the dragon without a name…”
― Κυνικός Δράκων