VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I would like to evaluate more of the classic Sierra AGI games. I have boxed versions of SQ 1, 2, KQ 1, 2 & 3. But for example the more rare stuff is missing, especially KQ4 (i have the SCI version, boxed). So I would be fine with buying those at GOG, but for example the KQ collection there contains seemingly only the AGI version.

And I'd rather pay simply 30 bucks or so and get the whole bunch, including Manhunter, Gold Rush, PQ and LSL. Oh yeah, and Black Cauldron, of course. 😉 But I think this is probably not happening, right?

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 1 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not as a bunch. Between GOG, Steam and the like most should be available, if not singly then as part of other collections. A couple of the titles' IPs involve Disney and may never be available in digital distribution. These would be The Black Cauldron and Donald Duck's Playground. Gold Rush! is available from Sunlight Games via Steam. I believe that the Manhunter games are owned by the Murry brothers, but not available. About the only way to get KQ4AGI is probably to just buy an old boxed copy on eBay.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 2 of 4, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That's what I feared... Even going grey / illegal seems to be almost impossible. I think the current rights owners pretty much go after any copy of those old games.

The Sunlight Games hint is worth checking out.

YouTube and Bonus
80486DX@33 MHz, 16 MiB RAM, Tseng ET4000 1 MiB, SnarkBarker & GUSar Lite, PC MIDI Card+X2+SC55+MT32, OSSC

Reply 4 of 4, by root42

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh, brilliant! Don't tell big D about it! 😀 Thanks!

YouTube and Bonus