VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello;

I'm trying to get the game 7th Guest working but... I'm not even eble to install the game because the installation keeps hanging on the choice of my soundcard (i bought a brandnew SB 5.1 live to keep my ' beloved' computer happy, but whatever the installation is aborted....

I haven't been able to actually install the game, let alone run it via DOSBox. Is there a way to install the game using settings i give in the dosbox config ??

With regards,

Sandor

Reply 2 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Running The 7th Guest & The 11th Hour in non-Real DOS is really hit-or-miss. You could have too much diskspace or something... without system specs your request is USELESS!

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 9, by Dr. Riptide

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you have Windows with DirectX, you can probably use the native Windows version of the game. You can get the Windows patch here: http://dlh.net/getfile.php?40:/pc-patches/gen … ches/t7gwin.zip

Note that this thing never left beta, and tends to crash randomly, so you need to save often.

You might also try VDMSound.

Intel Q6600 (2.4 GHz) | 4GB RAM | GeForce 8800 GT | Windows 7 64-bit

Reply 4 of 9, by Sandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear people,

I'm trying to keep up with your responses, ..... but i can't !!

I'm not an expert with computers (but not a layman either) but i'm stuck with the installation: I have a SB 5.1 Live installed, but the game just keeps telling me i have selected the wrong settings and won't complete the installation. How can i use dosbox to fool the game i do have the correct requirements??

If someone has an answer to this question i would seriously be MOST obliged !!!! My sb-card has according to my computer the following settings: Location 4 (PCI bus 0, device 14, function 0).

What can i do ???

With regards,

Sandor Singer

Reply 5 of 9, by priestlyboy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I happen to have the official Windows Version and the DOS Version of the 7th Guest.
I perfered the DOS Version though.
7th Guest (DOS Version) is runnable through DOSBox a'la this forum.

Ieremiou
----------
Helping Debug DOSBox.

Reply 6 of 9, by Sandor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hazakel & Prieslyboy: How can i run it ????

I'm no connaiseur when it comes to computers; All i want to do is install the fr**ging game and play it.... but i can't bleeeeehh;

The problem is...i haven't very much of a clue as to how to succesfully use dosbox

Any tips or sugestions would be very helpfull...

With regards,

Sandor

Reply 7 of 9, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator
Sandor wrote:

The problem is...i haven't very much of a clue as to how to succesfully use dosbox

Any tips or sugestions would be very helpfull...

See DOSBOX Guides forum. There is a newbie guide with images.

Mirek

Reply 8 of 9, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Assuming E: is your CD-Rom try the following:

mount c c:\
mount e e:\ -t cdrom

after this is done, switch to e:

e:\

then run the install program. DOSBOX has its own configuration for the Soundblaster so it may not match your own. I don't remember its exact settings, but I think they are 220 7 1 or maybe 220 5 1

If this is successful, then do not exit DOSBOX. Try to execute the program through DOSBOX and see how that works.

Reply 9 of 9, by mammlouk

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running dosbox under linux and have succesfully installed 7th guest. I am having a problem getting the game to recognize the CD. I am mounting my drive as follows:

mount d /mnt/cdrom -t cdrom -usecd 0

I have also tried copying the CD to a directory and mounting the directory as the CDrom but have had no success. 7G just keeps asking me to insert disk1. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeremy