VOGONS

Common searches

Windows XP and DOS Dual Boot

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If it erases my current DOS install, then I will lose my SoundBlaster 16 drivers, and I will lose about everything I put on that drive.
The reason why I'm planning to install Windows 2000 is to transfer data from my new computer to my Pentium 200Mhz that has PC DOS 6.3.
But if there is a data transfer program that is designed for DOS and requires 25 pin parrall transfer cables, then let me know.

Reply 21 of 24, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And you can not put those SB-16 drivers on a spare diskette? And what is the "everything else"?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 23 of 24, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Why are you surprised by that? Here is what I said just a few days ago:

Mike, if you don't mind scrapping the Win2K install, then yes - install DOS 6.3, with the necessary SB drivers, and get 1 or games working. Then install Win2K. It should recognize and keep the DOS 6.3 install intact, while installing itself as an alternative OS.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 24 of 24, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Mike wrote:

Holy smoke,:happyhappy: 😁 I got to install PC DOS, and Windows 2000 sucessfully without data erasing! Now I can dual-boot! 😁

MiniMax wrote:

Why are you surprised by that? Here is what I said just a few days ago:

Mike, if you don't mind scrapping the Win2K install, then yes - install DOS 6.3, with the necessary SB drivers, and get 1 or games working. Then install Win2K. It should recognize and keep the DOS 6.3 install intact, while installing itself as an alternative OS.

Ha ha, I was a wild kid back in those days when I made that thread all of these years ago! It is really something to see how much I have evolved in the past 13 years.
I can hardly believe I made this thread such a long time ago. Time sure flies. Back when I made this, more folks had problems running games, along with my tempered 13-year old kid self posting on the forum. Glad to see everything's still here after all of these years. The nostalgia here really is something. 😀