VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ike

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got cd image of this game and i just mounted this image with daemon tools, checked analog audio and there is no sound when im trying to play this game... no matter with what - scummvm, dosbox or vdmsound... i only got sounds like opening door etc but no cd music 😒

but when i rip audio tracks to mp3 or ogg there is eveything ok with scummvm

so.. there is no problem but i just want to play without ripping anything - with original audio tracks - any ideas?

Reply 1 of 2, by Dark Knight ez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I believe they mentioned that it was a Windows issue.
Most Windows' versions can't really deal with reading both data off the CD-rom (the game) as well as the music (analog music that is) at the same time.
Ripping the tracks to mp3 is the best solution, I think. Either that, or copy the game files to your harddisk and open the game like that. The main thing is that the game files and the music files aren't both being read from the same CD.

... // bda. very bda!
... // but only if you turn godo into csah.

Reply 2 of 2, by ike

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got loom cd version with audio tracks and it works great under vdmsound and scummvm.. i know there are problems with reading data and audio tracks at the same time but.. loom cd works without any problems... 😒 i also tried copy data files to hdd and start game from here but without any difference...