VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dex

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have a question about Dosgames under Windows XP. At first - I know of the issues with that. For example the game Discworld 2 needs a special .bat for installation as well as vdmsound etc.

Here´s the weird part:

Not on MY system. I can run almost every Dosgame I have like Discworld 1 and 2 or Lands of Lore and HAVE all the sound, midi, compatibility no crashes - I don´t even need to set COMPATIBILITY mode! Discworld 2 installed without the bat file and I have no problems with sound or graphics

BUT

ALL Dosgames just close after some seconds, maybe two minutes - they just close without even an errormessage or anything! WHY?? Everything could be so perfect 🙁

I am using WinXP Home, 512MB Ram, 64MB ATI Radeon 9000, P4 2,5 Ghz, AGP Drivers and other sources for instability are perfectly taken care of. Especially the game Discworld 2 does not run well on Dosbox for me, so this is unfortunately no option.

Thank you very much in advance

dex

Reply 1 of 1, by Mike

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Strange... I will reccomend you to purchase a 486 computer (or Pentium) that has Microsoft Windows 95 (Or 3.1) and has MS-DOS (at least 6.0 but higher is better.) Sadly, that is the only thing I can suggest.