VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by SoulSkorpion

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I realise this is utterly, totally the wrong place to ask this, but I can't think of anywhere else to post this, or find the answer anywhere on the 'net. So, here goes:

How the hell do you lay double track?

I had the game originally, so I've got the manual. Unfortunately, I don't have the technical supplement any more, which the manual simply tells you to refer to. I've tried every keyboard or mouse combination I can think of, but I can't figure it out. So... anyone who's played the game, how do you do it?

Once again, sorry that this isn't a tech support question.

Reply 3 of 3, by akula65

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You did me a big favor just by asking this question. I don't have the standalone version of Railroad Tycoon, but I do have a retail copy of Interplay's Ultimate Strategy Archives which includes a copy of Railroad Tycoon. I had never played it, and when I installed the game and looked through the CD-ROM to see if I could answer your question, I discovered that there is no copy of the Technical Reference in the documentation, so I needed the answer as much as you did!

One thing I discovered is that RT was apparently released on the Atari ST, and if you can lay your hands on a collection called the Sewer Doc Disks you will find a copy of the ST version of the Technical Reference which I suspect is very similar to (if not identical to) the PC version. There is a utility which allows you to view the .msa archives on a PC.