VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BMConnect

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It states i do not have an exe file? How do i get one? Thanks for your help. I am new to all this.

Reply 1 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You are going to have to explain your problem a lot better than that, because no one is going to be able to help you from that description.

If you are illegally downloading an old copy from some random Internet site, then you should ask the people who are hosting the download as it is rather hopeless trying to troubleshoot such things.

If you have the original disks for the program, then please explain what you are doing with them.

Reply 2 of 6, by megatron-uk

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Spiderman and Captain America: Dr Doom's Revenge should be started with a .bat file with the following lines:

sound.com ba000
marvel.com

This activates the Adlib driver (presuming that you have Adlib/Soundblaster enabled in Dosbox, or an Adlib compatible card in real DOS) and then launches the game. You don't run 'marvel1.exe' or 'marvel2.exe'.

My collection database and technical wiki:
https://www.target-earth.net

Reply 3 of 6, by BMConnect

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
megatron-uk wrote on 2021-02-28, 11:28:
Spiderman and Captain America: Dr Doom's Revenge should be started with a .bat file with the following lines: […]
Show full quote

Spiderman and Captain America: Dr Doom's Revenge should be started with a .bat file with the following lines:

sound.com ba000
marvel.com

This activates the Adlib driver (presuming that you have Adlib/Soundblaster enabled in Dosbox, or an Adlib compatible card in real DOS) and then launches the game. You don't run 'marvel1.exe' or 'marvel2.exe'.

Thank you. I am really struggling to get my head round it as its all new. I will look at this.

Reply 4 of 6, by BMConnect

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2021-02-28, 05:23:

You are going to have to explain your problem a lot better than that, because no one is going to be able to help you from that description.

If you are illegally downloading an old copy from some random Internet site, then you should ask the people who are hosting the download as it is rather hopeless trying to troubleshoot such things.

If you have the original disks for the program, then please explain what you are doing with them.

I donmt know enough to describe it any better. I was hoping for an old Dos or a C64 but you have to programme them too i think. I have never done it before.

Didn’t realise these things were illegal if they were funded.

Reply 5 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
BMConnect wrote on 2021-02-28, 16:33:

I donmt know enough to describe it any better. I was hoping for an old Dos or a C64 but you have to programme them too i think. I have never done it before.

If you want something that just works without any effort, then I suggest you stick to sites like Steam or gog.com .

If you want to figure out how to use DOSBox, then I suggest you start with a legitimate free game that is known to work, such as those available at http://www.classicdosgames.com .

If you cannot describe your problem at all, then anyone you ask is just going to be fumbling around in the dark.

I have no idea what you mean by "funded".

Reply 6 of 6, by BMConnect

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jorpho wrote on 2021-02-28, 19:49:
If you want something that just works without any effort, then I suggest you stick to sites like Steam or gog.com . […]
Show full quote
BMConnect wrote on 2021-02-28, 16:33:

If you want something that just works without any effort, then I suggest you stick to sites like Steam or gog.com .

If you want to figure out how to use DOSBox, then I suggest you start with a legitimate free game that is known to work, such as those available at http://www.classicdosgames.com .

If you cannot describe your problem at all, then anyone you ask is just going to be fumbling around in the dark.

I have no idea what you mean by "funded".

Thanks. Run on donations