First post, by Peter Swinkels
Okay, I want to mount several floppy images at once in DOSBox, but this can only be done with *.iso files and I have a bunch of *.img files. I looked for programs that can convert *.img to *.iso and found several that claim to do to so:
1. PowerISO is said to be able to convert *.img to *.iso - but guess what? That option is nowhere to be found!
2. ImgToIso is a piece of crap that spits out an iso that contains the same stuff regardless of what *.img file you selected. In other words, useless...
3. OSFMount has an option that allows you to mount *.img files and save them as an *.iso file. Guess what? It appears to work only for DOSBox to reject them when trying to mount more than one. Also WinZip which should be able to open *.iso files won't open them so I am guessing OSFMount is screwing up somehow.
4. AnyBurn only allows me to save an *.img file to another *.img file...
Which of a bazillion programs claiming to be able convert *.img to *.iso can actually do it? And do it properly?
I have already waisted several hours on this...
Here's a work around:
1. Mount each image one by one in DOSBox and manually copy the files to separate directories.
2. Use WinCDEmu to create iso images.
Also, I noticed I have to specify "iso" for imgmount as a type instead of "floppy" or I get a confusing error message about the images needing to be *.iso files.
No, my "workaround" screws up the file structure somehow.