VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by appollo147

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I downloaded the full cd rip of Orion Burger from HOTU and when I try to run the setup.exe in either DOSBox or VDMSound I get this error "Programmers Note:VESA Driver Not Found,please install one and re-install the game." Im running on XP with a Nvidia GEforce4 MX 420 video card.I even tried loading the setup through XP without either DOSBox or VDMSound and it just opened and closed back out again.Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated.Thank you in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Re: VDMSound - isn't there a checkbox somewhere in the VDMSound LaunchPad that enables VESA support?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's misleading. It should read: "run in fullscreen"
It does nothing to do with VESA. 😎

And regarding Orion Burger; the game is probably looking for a propietary VESA driver such as Scitech's Univesa, UniVBE or display doctor. Try running UniVBE before starting the game (preferably inside a batch file) or vbeplus (another VESA driver incarnation).

Reply 3 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try running the program in a full-screen command prompt, sometimes when running DOS programs that require VESA support in a window, windows will not switch to full screen automagically.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline