VOGONS

Common searches

Mouse support in Arkania

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by tomservo6

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running W2K and most DOS games work pretty well (without sound). Running them with VDMSound seems to work good for sound. However, Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny seems to be having problems with the mouse. The mouse cursor just sticks in one place in the middle of the screen and flickers if I move the mouse. This happens if I use VDMSound or not (although running the batch file with VDMSound makes it not load at all). I downloaded mouseset but there are no instructions on how to use it and when I double click on the program a DOS box just pops open and closes so I assume I'm not using it correctly. Also, if I use mouseset, can I also use VDMSound at the same time? Mouseset might not be the solution but I'm just trying to get the mouse to work in Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny.

Reply 1 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Another one with MOUSESET issues, Vlad...

Hey Vlad, have you looked at that MOUSECTL.COM utility yet? Think it could be integrated into MOUSESET?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 3 of 6, by vladr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Symptoms described have nothing to do with MOUSESET and the problems that it is supposed to fix.
V.

Stiletto wrote:

Another one with MOUSESET issues, Vlad...

Hey Vlad, have you looked at that MOUSECTL.COM utility yet? Think it could be integrated into MOUSESET?

Reply 4 of 6, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Okay... in the future, I'd like to see MOUSESET become an all-in-one utility for attempting to fix MS-DOS game mouse issues in Win2000/XP... if not by that time you've lost interest - well, what the hey, it's open-source, if not you, someone will pick it up.

It's still an odd issue. And it sounds similar to MOUSESET issues, except instead of being stuck in a small window, it's stuck in one place, period.

Anyhow, tomservo06 (nice name!), MOUSESET is a TSR, I.E. it must be activated before your game within the same command-prompt window. If you must, use a batch file, or plug it into your VLP settings for this particular game if you use VDMSound Launchpad. (I hope you know what a TSR is by now...)

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto