VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by smurf60

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, I need some help installing a game, Goblins 3, on my computer (Windows XP). I've installed DOSBOX and I followed the instructions on one of the newbie guides I found on this site. Everything is fine until the last part. The installation screen appears and it asks to 'insert disk 1 in drive C'. But it's a floppy disk! How am I supposed to put a floppy disk into drive C which is made for CD's? Can anyone help me?

~Lindsay

Reply 2 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Please write down the commands you used for mounting DOSBox drives before you start the Goblins install process.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 6, by smurf60

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, well, I read the Newbie's Pictorial Guide to DOSBox found on this site and followed the directions. I copied the contents of the floppy disk and pasted it in a folder in drive C and entitled it 'old games'. Within that folder, I made another one and called it 'goblins3'. Alright, then I did these commands on DosBox:

mount c c:\oldgames

c:

cd goblins3

install

Then a new window pops up and asks: Do you want to install Goblins Quest 3 on drive C:\?

But I can't possibly insert my floppy disk into drive C and that's where I get stuck.

~Lindsay

Reply 4 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try this:

Inside DOSBox, do

Z:> mount A A:\ -type floppy
Z:> mount C C:\OldGames\Goblins3

Z:> A:
A:> install

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions