far as i know he did it as well for windows

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

try
mount c c:\

or make sure dosprogs exists on your pc. (it might have on your other pc.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Qbix is right. dosprog is just AN EXAMPLE.

For instance, you have your games located at a folder named GAMES on your C drive.

First, you will need to mount C drive:

Z:\>mount c c:\

After successfully mounting it, you need TO CHANGE to that drive (Remember, we are still at the virtual Z: prompt)

Z:\>c:
Then the prompt will change to reflect changes.

C:\>
(we are now at our just mounted C drive). Now we need to navigate (go) to a directory (folder) of our liking.

C:\>cd games
(prompt will change again to reflect changes. the games folder (sub-directory) must exist - obviously)

C:\GAMES\>dir
(dir will issue a listing command and will show what's inside a directory). Let's assume there is a runme.exe (remember: Executables can be .bat .com .exe) that we want to run inside another folder (within games, we're into it right now) called game1. So we will need to change deeper into the sub-dir structure.

C:\GAMES\>cd game1

C:\GAMES\GAME1\>runme

That would hopefully start up the program. Of course, names used here are just examples.

Good luck. Keep us posted if you still are unable to run it.

ADDENDUM: Keep in mind that several games can have several individual executables; one to configure settings (sound cards, video mode, etc) usually called setup.exe or install.exe and another different one for actually running the program. They also can be called from a batch file (.bat) if needed. What are trying to say is that in the event that you are able to run a game it may exit right away complaining there is no soundcard selected or something like that. This is a common sympton of a misconfigured game that may need some "configuration" program before running it.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)