VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chrisp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hiya,

has anyone ever managed to get this game working on Windows XP with proper sound? I have run both Windows and DOS versions (with DOS BOX) and I can get sound but it's awful quality, i.e. crackly and the voices sound really strange and roboty. I tried VDMSound with the default settings but it made no difference. Also, when setting up I'm given 3 graphic options, the one that looks as though it would be the best however doesn't seem to work (the third in the list, SVGA and more colours than the other 2). I hope this is the right place to post this question, I didn't want to put it in the VDMSound/DOS BOX forums because I didn't think it was specifically related to them.

Would be grateful for help!

Thanks,

Chris

Reply 2 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
chrisp wrote:

I have run both Windows and DOS versions (with DOS BOX)

That would be very unlikely, DOSBox just runs ms-dos games, not windows based ones.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by chrisp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game can run in both DOS and Windows though, like Phantasmagoria for instance, and I have definitely used both DOS BOX to run it as well as just using Windows 95 compatibility mode. I didn't think that was uncommon at all.

Reply 4 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Now I understand it. You should have rephrased your statement to something like this...

"I have run both Windows (using windows compatibility mode) and DOS versions (with DOS BOX)"

😁

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)