VOGONS

Common searches

Carmageddon on GeForce4

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by NoGood

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a GeForce 4 Ti4200, and I run WindowsXP Pro with SP1. Lately I'v been trying to make Carmageddon (Splat Pack) work on my GeForce4. Running in software mode is no problem of course. I've tried some Glide Wrappers, but all of them without succes. Only Glidos was able to make it run nice and smoothly, but Glidos seems to be written for a lot of games, even Carmageddon. The other glide wrappers I've tried seem to work some other way.
I've been experimenting with these other glide wrappers, but to be honest, I don't know for sure if I use the correctly.
I put the glide2x.dll in my win/sys dir, and in the game dir. Then I run the .exe and try to run the game. No succes.

As I said, it only works with Glidos, but then that ugly banner is spinning in the middle of my screen.

So, do I use the wrappers wrong, don't they support Carmageddon, or haven't I tried the right one?
Or, does anyone have some sort of crack to remove the ugly banner from glidos? (Programs like that should be freeware).

Thanks in advance!

Reply 1 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by NoGood I have a GeForce 4 Ti4200, and I run WindowsXP Pro with SP1. Lately I'v been trying to make Carmageddon (Splat Pack) work on my GeForce4. Running in software mode is no problem of course. I've tried some Glide Wrappers, but all of them without success.

You're not going to find a "wrapper" solution. It's a DOS game and as such, using windows wrappers will not work.

Only Glidos was able to make it run nice and smoothly, but Glidos seems to be written for a lot of games, even Carmageddon.

Yes originally written for Tomb Raider and expanded beyond to embrace other DOS 3dfx titles.

...to remove the ugly banner from glidos? (Programs like that should be freeware).

You want the banner gone, cough up the cash to Paul. He has to work to get these titles to work on modern PC's. It's no small thing. Also if you've taken a look at screenshots from his page, you'll see that frequently video output is beyond what was possible in the original game, due to his image processing.