VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DeepPurple

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all, i've had toonstruck for ages, couldn't get it to work on xp before. Was reading TO ALL TOONSTRUCK FANS: Here's how to get it working !!!

But can't get the game to run smoothly.
I installed it ok from Dosbox...

But in sound setup it was jerky/distorted when it tested (i made sure it was the same settings as in the dosbox config file, and also tried auto configure)

Video setup seemed to work ok, it set it automaticly at 640x400 i think.

when i launched the game it was running very slow, as others mentioned. also sound was choppy like on the setup.

Right... this is where i nee help, i tried changing the cpu type to dynamic etc but didn't do anything...

Thanks for any help on this!
If the creators of Dosbox bring out any new versions, i think they sould really look into this game. 😁

Reply 2 of 6, by DeepPurple

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry, wasnt 100% sure if i should of used db or old games thread. decided this one as i wasnt sure if there was a diff method other than dosbox.

Umm latest version i think, downloaded it 2 days ago from here.
PC is AMD 1.2ghz, 256ram, 128mb readon 9200 graphics.

Win XP SP2

Reply 3 of 6, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Do you know where from here you got it? A lot of people post links to experimental builds of DOSBox that may cause problems.

Also, 1.2GHz may be a bit slow for emulating a 640x400 hi-res game, but I've never played that game so I don't know anything about it.

Reply 4 of 6, by DeepPurple

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep 0.63 from here:-

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/download.php?ma … 04f105c0336ef9a

hmm possible its my pc spec, but the game used to work on a pentium 133mhz 32mb ram. So maybe not, unsure.

Not sure how to set it up in 320x200

Reply 5 of 6, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would estimate (i.e. take it with a grain of salt) that DOSBox running on my Athlon XP 3200+ (2.8GHz I think) can emulate something in the neighbourhood of a 66MHz Pentium (or maybe more like a 100MHz 486?) when running with dynamic core at around 25000 cycles. If that game takes full advantage of your old Pentium 133, then it'd probably have a hard time running even on my computer.