VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kelmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got ahold of a sealed Spanish copy of L.A. Law the Computer Game. This game has not been preserved at all and cant be found in Spanish anywhere on the internet. So I decided to open the seal to do that job.

The game comes in two floppies, disk 2 works ok and I was able to produce an IMA image with its contents, but disk 1 shows up as empty in every program I have tried. Granted, I am using a DELL USB floppy drive (not a cheap one from Amazon), but most floppies work with it.

Any advice on how to proceed? Ironically, the texts of the game are in disk 1.

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 4, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Look for physical damage on the surface, if any don't insert it in a drive again.
Also don't attempt any kind of chkdsk/scandisk/repair.
Try it in another drive connected to a proper FDC and if it's so rare and precious the next step would be to hand it over to someone experienced and equipped.

Reply 3 of 4, by elszgensa

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I second the suggestion of handing the disks off to someone knowledgeable if this is important to you - the chances of recovering something are vastly better with sth like a Kryflux compared to some rando USB FDD.

Reply 4 of 4, by kelmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah ultimately I think thats what I will do, it just hurts me to send the floppies over the mail and risk them getting lost... this game is nearly impossible to find in Spanish.