VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by musicforlife

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I wasn't sure where this question should go, but how can I format DVD-ram disc into FAT16 with small cluster size making it into 2Gb? In Win10 or WinXP I can format it into FAT16 but it always forces 4,4Gb size and when I try to use override command /A:32K it only gives me an error of "The specified cluster size is too small for FAT16/12".

Can I achieve this only in pure DOS based environment like Win98? I still can't figure it out because I don't have IDE dvd burner.

Reply 1 of 2, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First thought would be to mess around with the utils that can partition USB sticks and SD cards.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 2 of 2, by Trashbytes

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Doesnt DvD firmware on the drive determine what limits are set for media ?

As in it cant read disc outside the limits the firmware supports, I seem to remember that was the case with CD drives where the Discs had to be setup according to supported limits or the drive couldn't read the Disc. I remember this being a big problem with CDRW Discs that could be setup to behave like a USB stick, some older drives were unable to read the discs due to firmware limitations.

Its possible you may need to find a DvD Ram drive that can support the smaller cluster sizes.