Ok, I am a complete newb at this type of thing, but here goes:

motherboard
Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz
768 MB DDR RAM
Unsure, just the stock one 64MB if I remember right
Also unsure
Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600
Ascendancy

at first the game wouldn't run at all, so I installed the patch from the publishers website, I believe that I did it correctly. Now I'm running it without compatibilty mode on, but in 256 colors, 640X480 res, with disabled visual themes. It has all memory it needs under the memory bar in properties, and is on fullscreen under screen. close on exit is not checked on the program bar.

I get a crash when the game starts to load, the dos prompt comes up and runs until the actual game screen should appear, but it is only black, then you hear the screen kick off to change res values, the hard drive after some time kicks off and a blue screen with the crash message and physical memory dump comes up, windows was automatically shut down. When it is rebooted i send an error report and a message saying that whoever at microsoft has no solution for the problem.
I have no idea what to do now, any help at all is appreciated.

Monster

Reply 1 of 3, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Please Start > Run "eventvwr.msc", click on "System", double-click on the entry that has source "Save Dump" and paste what's in "Description" here. Find out what kind of video card you have, Start > Run "devmgmt.msc", expand "Display adapters", write here what it says. If your computer is bluescreening there is some serious hardware or driver issue.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 3, by monster_usmc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

eventvwr description:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ea (0x82a51918, 0x82c54768, 0x82e501c0, 0x00000001). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini081305-05.dmp.

Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

Monster

Reply 3 of 3, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There is a known issue with older versions of the 82845G driver, download the latest here and see if the problem is resolved.

FYI, Microsoft Knowledge Base article 293078.

Yes, it’s my fault.