VOGONS

Common searches

Albion

Topic actions

First post, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, i have the CD image v. 1.38. i use Alcohol and i have a Win XP Pro, Audigy 2. my problem is that the intro plays extremely slow and i think the game too. audio is set correctly and however the problem occurs even setting no audio. any help?
ciao

Reply 1 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I haven't tried playing this directly in Windows for quite some time. You could try using DOS32A (search the forums for more info) since the game uses DOS4GW.

If you have a fast computer, Albion does run quite well under recent versions of DOSBox. I've run it this way recently without problems (although I do have the original CD).

Reply 3 of 5, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

NTVDM is what WinXP uses to run DOS applications.

DOS32A is a DOS application that replaces the DOS4GW used by the game, and is more efficient and Windows-friendly.

VDMSound is, among other things, a better sound card emulator than the one emulated by NTVDM. It also contains fixes for VESA and CD-ROM support that the NTVDM has problems with.

If you're not willing to try DOSBox, you should really consider at least checking out VDMSound and DOS32A for use with the NTVDM that you're trying to use.

Reply 4 of 5, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im just trying DOS32A, but i dont note improvements. about VDMSound, yes the intro has a better music, but it is still slow. i have not yet played, because the game exits after the intro, asking me for the CD...

Reply 5 of 5, by meude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im looking for the manual (pdf). the manual from Underdogs has been scanned bad: some important hints r unreadable, check by youself..
if someone could make the scans, i will keep them in share on Emule for a long time (the game is worthy...).
ciao