VOGONS

Common searches

FIFA Soccer 96 on Windows Vista

Topic actions

First post, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bought a CD version of FIFA Soccer 96. I have Windows Vista and when I try to install the game, a window pops out and says that "this system doesn't support full screen mode. Plsease close the program."

What do I do? How do I make this game run on my Windows Vista?

Reply 1 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You could always try installing DOSBox, then install & run the game from inside DOSBox.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 43, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok. Thank!

Could you provide a link for me to install ALL versions of DOSBox (0.63, 0.65 and 0.70)?

Thank you!

Also, I don't like my new Windows Vista very much. Can I downgrade my PC to windows XP or Windows 98 or Windows 95.

I have all the CD at home to install these OSs.

Plz respond 😀

Reply 3 of 43, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Well if the computer has 1 ghz or more then don't even bother trying to run windows 95 as it won't work and if the computer has over 512 megs of ram then don't don't bother trying to install windows 98 or windows 95 as it just won't work. I have heard of windows 98 running on 2.4 ghz computers quite well so i don't know the max speed windows 98 can handle but i am not sure on windows me. Windows me and windows 98 are the most likely to work though.

Reply 4 of 43, by dvwjr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
abyss wrote:

"Well if the computer has 1 ghz or more then don't even bother trying to run windows 95 as it won't work and if the computer has over 512 megs of ram then don't don't bother trying to install windows 98 or windows 95 as it just won't work."

Now one of my test PC workstations contains an Intel Tualatin 1.4GHz on an Intel 440BX based motherboard with 768MB of 133MHz SDRAM. The multi-boot menu allows testing with many operating systems, among them are Win95 OSR2.1 (Dell), Win98 and Win98SE.

They all work fine. 😕

Then again, it might just be me...

dvwjr

Reply 5 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Not just you. I can tripple-boot into Win95, Win98 and XP on my 2 GHz AMD 2600+ with 1 GB RAM just fine.

I guess abyss has a problem distinguishing between "I can't get it to work" and "It won't work" 😀

Reply 6 of 43, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK guys. You gotta help me. I am trying to create a folder but I can't find that option on Windows Vista that I just bought!

I knew how to do it on XP, but not on Vista. Can you help me? I need to know how to create a folder.

Thanks in advance.

Reply 8 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ask them can't hurt. But I guess they will also want you to pay them.

Reply 9 of 43, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK.

I tried to install the game from dosbox and it didn't work. What am I doing wrong.

First of all, I used DosBox version 0.70

My CD is in Drive E

Here's what I did:

1. mount D E:\ -t cdrom –ioctl
2. D:
3. dir.exe

There I found FIFA96 EXE, so I typed FIFA96.EXE and the window displayed this message " FIle Read Error"

I did the same procedure with dos box versions 0.63; 0.65 and 0.71 and they all had this "File Read Error"

How do I install the game and run it? Please guide me through step by step. It's 96 and not that old, so it should run on my pC. I hope 😀

Please reply

Reply 10 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Check my signature and the links.

Reply 11 of 43, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I followed that 60 seconds guide guide on how to run games for PC users and. It didn't work.

Again, can you guide me through on how to install that game?

I've read somewhere that the CD version DOES work Perfectly on dosbox 0.70

if it worked for other people, then I must be doing something wrong.

Plz help

Reply 13 of 43, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, like I said above, I used the following commands:

"My CD is in Drive E

Here's what I did:

2. D:
3. dir.exe

There I found FIFA96 EXE, so I typed FIFA96.EXE and the window displayed this message " FIle Read Error"

Reply 16 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
zelenog wrote:
Well, like I said above, I used the following commands: […]
Show full quote

Well, like I said above, I used the following commands:

"My CD is in Drive E

Here's what I did:

2. D:
3. dir.exe

Then you didn't follow my 60 seconds guide. Where is the mounting of C ?

Reply 17 of 43, by zelenog

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I created a folder in my C drive called FIFA 96.

But when I tried to mount it, it said that this directory doesn't exist?

Last edited by zelenog on 2012-01-17, 06:54. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 18 of 43, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I DID that! I created a folder in my C drive called FIFA 96.

Wow! That's an achievement. Time to celebrate!

FIFA 96

FIFA96

Where's the difference between these two?

I don't think anyone will hold your hands here. You could ask your mum, but i doubt she knows how DOSBox works. Read the readme. Read the FAQ's and guides on this forum. And, most impotantly: try to use your brain.

Otherwise I will keep posting questions here forever and I don't have much time these days.

Aha. And we have the time to walk each id... - ehm user through every single game?

Reply 19 of 43, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
zelenog wrote:

I DID that! I created a folder in my C drive called FIFA 96.

Where on the drive did you create it?

And - as ADDiCT said - spaces are important. If you need the spaces enclose the name in spaces:

mount C "C:\FIFA 96"