VOGONS

Common searches

FIFA Soccer 96 on Windows Vista

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 43, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Actually the iso label was already set to FIFAPCCD, and still all I get is the "File read error". Maybe waiting for 0.73 is worth while.

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 42 of 43, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you get the same error in VPC then what's the next version of DOSBox going to do?

Download a CVS build of DOSBox and try that. If that doesn't work then the next version of DOSBox won't do anything for you.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 43 of 43, by Norton Commander

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
zelenog wrote:

Also, I don't like my new Windows Vista very much. Can I downgrade my PC to windows XP or Windows 98 or Windows 95.

I have all the CD at home to install these OSs.

If you have a brand new PC that came with Vista the answer is probably a big fat NO. Go to your PC manufacturer's website and see if they have drivers for the OS you are trying to install. Chances are you will only see Vista drivers unless you're lucky. I have a friend who bought a new Dell PC and I just bought a Gateway laptop - both came with Vista and the manufacturer's only have Vista drivers. Their attitude is basically if your PC came with Vista that is all they will support on that machine.

Do a search for "Vista downgrade to XP" and see how many disgruntled users have posted their disgust not only about Vista but that they can't install XP or some other OS on their brand new PC.

You can try installing XP SP3 and see if it will pick up all your hardware. I tried that on my new Gateway laptop and the only hardware it picked up was the built-in webcam. No sound, ethernet, wireless, modem or USB card reader and a search for third-party drivers turned up lots of results, none worked after installing. So yes, you can install whatever OS you want on your PC but most of your hardware/peripherals will be disabled.

If you are planning on buying something new check and see if they at least have XP drivers.