VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi all i just digged up my lemmigjns revolution cd.after i insert it in my pc (dual core 4,gb ram windows 7 x64),and i click on "setup",nothing happens for 10 minutes or so.after that i have the prompt for choosing the language.i choose it,and then other 10 minutes or so,before the little prompt with the progress appears.it goes from 0 to 99 in 5 seconds,after that ,everything hangs up.

i tried installing on a windows 98 in a virtual machine i have on th same pc.in this one,it install immediately,correctly,but OBVIOUSLY it doesnt run because it requires a 3d accelerated card

i closed all the program who runs on the background in win 7,but same problem.what can i do?

i also tried copy the whole installed folder from the virtualized win 98 into my pc,but it says that the game could be corrupt,to reinstall etc.even tried to export the registry key and paste into my win 7 pc..nothing

Reply 2 of 6, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yeah but it appears that most of the games made in the period(2002-ish)have this problem in windows 7 x64.tried it in a windows 7 32x and works like a charm.i waited some mins and after some time the installer actually appears and even installs the game.if the game itself runs(under any compatibility options)its another story..:\

Reply 4 of 6, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I just installed and ran Lemmings Revolution on my Windows 7 x64 machine and it's working for me. I just set it to run in Win95 compatibility mode, but I'm not sure if that's what did it or not. I always set very old games to run in the oldest compatibility mode. I didn't have any problems with the installer, either.

Reply 5 of 6, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I started toying with this recently. I, too, can get the game to install with no problems in Win 7 x64. Actually, the installation hangs when I try to use Win95 compatibility mode for the installer, but it seems to work when no compatibility options are set.

My problem is that in the game, all the menu text appears as black text on a black box. Did you have the same problem, Mr. Sliderider? If not, what video hardware are you using?

Reply 6 of 6, by sliderider

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jorpho wrote:

I started toying with this recently. I, too, can get the game to install with no problems in Win 7 x64. Actually, the installation hangs when I try to use Win95 compatibility mode for the installer, but it seems to work when no compatibility options are set.

My problem is that in the game, all the menu text appears as black text on a black box. Did you have the same problem, Mr. Sliderider? If not, what video hardware are you using?

I did but I think it goes away after playing for a bit. I only installed it to test and then deleted it after finding out if I could get it to work or not. It's just a minor annoyance that only appears when you first load the game. After you play it it seems to go away.