VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So I recently picked up this collection and GTA 1 only played with the GTAFixer from here http://gtamp.com/gta1/
But GTA London 1969 doesn't work with this correctly.
But for London I can use a No-CD exe but there is no music!
But is there anyway to fix this and get music?

Reply 2 of 14, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My copy of GTA London 1969 (not the Classic Collection one) works out of the box on Windows 8. It's CDDA and the game disc need to be present in the FIRST CD drive letter on your system. Is it? Don't use a cracked version.

Reply 3 of 14, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote:

My copy of GTA London 1969 (not the Classic Collection one) works out of the box on Windows 8. It's CDDA and the game disc need to be present in the FIRST CD drive letter on your system. Is it? Don't use a cracked version.

Classic Collection is made to run on newer operating systems, well Rockstar screwed that up.

Reply 6 of 14, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Seems to be a fairly obscure re-release, I can't even find any information about it. I would just buy another release without those "fixes" tbh.

Anyway, after a nocd crack will it play CDDA music from the first CD drive letter then? The nocd crack probably is an original exe that's not "fixed" and is looking for CDDA audio. If that's the case and the audio tracks are in an easily available format you can just burn them to a CD.

Alternative is probably finding out exactly what copy protection it uses and find some generic workaround for that.

Reply 7 of 14, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote:

Seems to be a fairly obscure re-release, I can't even find any information about it. I would just buy another release without those "fixes" tbh.

Anyway, after a nocd crack will it play CDDA music from the first CD drive letter then? The nocd crack probably is an original exe that's not "fixed" and is looking for CDDA audio. If that's the case and the audio tracks are in an easily available format you can just burn them to a CD.

Alternative is probably finding out exactly what copy protection it uses and find some generic workaround for that.

Well, I can start London up but as soon as I start a game it crashes. The issue is that it changes a byte in the save file causing the game to crash. Gtafixer fixes this by changing that byte back. But there is no such thing for Gta London. I just ordered the original version of the game on Ebay along with London 1969. Waiting for it to ship. Also, I only have 1 CD Drive.

Reply 8 of 14, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Not sure if you understood my idea or not, so to ask again:

You said you had a cracked exe that worked. If you try to play with that cracked exe, does the game try to play CDDA from the first DVD drive (just insert a random audio CD to test)?

Reply 12 of 14, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
MrEWhite wrote:
filipetolhuizen wrote:

At least in Win7 here they both work. Things should not be too different in Win8.x

Are you using the classics collection version?

GTA1 free modern version and London original version w/ crack (I don't really mind the music).

Reply 13 of 14, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
filipetolhuizen wrote:
MrEWhite wrote:
filipetolhuizen wrote:

At least in Win7 here they both work. Things should not be too different in Win8.x

Are you using the classics collection version?

GTA1 free modern version and London original version w/ crack (I don't really mind the music).

The modern version has issues on most PCs where it changes a byte in the save file after the 2nd launch and the game crashes, I linked to that fix.