VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TheGlow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How can I go about forcing some fullscreen games into a window?
Preferably on a 2k machine, but xp info would be nice as well. Because I like to play some stuff at work, and we have multiple monitors and when you run something full screen, its all centered horribly, blocks my "work" related apps, etc.
I feel dirty never having played Fallout, and also Id like to replay legacy of kain and I hit the same prob.

Reply 1 of 5, by BlackConvoy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Play the DOS version of Fallout in a virtual-machine, like Microsoft Virtual PC 2004. Ive got no problems running it, and have played it through again. Tempted to try Fallout 2 in it, but it never came with a DOS version, so I'd have to find a Windows 98 CD... otherwise it'll play the game full-screen.

MS VPC has a trial available so you can see if it works well for you. At the cost of two new games, I happily bought VPC so I could play all my old games again in a window.

"Who else seeks death?" -- Lu Bu

Reply 3 of 5, by BlackConvoy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dosbox has had problems with me trying to run some of the later DOS4GW games (Syndicate Wars, Bioforge). I was using Dosbox for a long time before I found VPC, and it is certainly suited to the task.. have not found a DOS4GW game that didnt work with it.

"Who else seeks death?" -- Lu Bu

Reply 5 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

yeps runs fine in the cvs you can use the dynamic core which makes the game fast on athlon 1800

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!