VOGONS

First post, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Today I found out SC2K will crash under Win7 whenever you attempt to load or save a city. But I found a patch for it that also bypasses the 16 bits install on 64 bits systems. Credits goes to MRC (we surely need him around here). However, I haven't tested the Win3.1 version of SC2K to see if it's also affected by this bug. Please share it, it was somehow difficult to find.

Edit: attachment removed.

Reply 1 of 4, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Which version of SimCity 2000 are you referring to? I thought there was only the 16-bit Windows 3.1 version and the Network Edition which is completely and utterly broken on 2K/XP/Vista/7.

Reply 2 of 4, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There is a Special Edition which is different from those 2 and was made for Windows 95, but installs fine on any 32 bits system. I used this patch on that version.

Reply 3 of 4, by iGREKKESS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello guys,

because this patch only works with the English version of SC2000, you might be interested to know that I made a "conversion" of this fix for the French versions of the game.
I also made a "RegSetup" batch file, as an alternative to "SimCity 2000 installer" by Aldude999. But I recently noticed that InstallShield Wrapper will allow a complete installation of the game from the original CD (!) 😊

Because there's at least 2 french binaries for SC2000, I made a patch for each one (need to compare CRC).

PatchFX version (detects CRC)
Patch Build#1 + RegSetup FR / CRC:3C437152 (sc2kse_fr_b1_w7_patch.zip, 32.4KB)
Patch Build#2 + RegSetup FR / CRC:4B02ACF3 (sc2kse_fr_b2_w7_patch.zip, 32.4KB)

BSPatch version
Patch Build#1 + RegSetup FR / CRC:3C437152 (sc2kse_fr_b1_w7_bspatch.zip, 32.4KB)
Patch Build#2 + RegSetup FR / CRC:4B02ACF3 (sc2kse_fr_b2_w7_bspatch.zip, 32.4KB)

Full story (in french)

Reply 4 of 4, by VMwired

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can someone make a "load and save patch" for the German Simcity.exe?

German SIMCITY.zip

Edit:
Worked it out with the HxD. Compared with patched french Version.

SimCity 2000 Sorglospaket.rar

Thank you iGREKKESS