VOGONS

First post, by canadakicksass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using windows Me and i have started to have problem with the curse of monkey island. It installed perfectly, was working fine till i got so far, then it just cuts off and returns me to my desktop. I have restarted my computer but the problem still occurs. Can anyone please help me as i really want to complete this game.

Thanks

Geo

Reply 1 of 9, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If this happens at the same point it could be some file got corrupted somehow. Have you tried installing it again?

Reply 2 of 9, by canadakicksass

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't tried uninstalling it yet, but i will try that and see what happens.

Thanks

Geo

Reply 3 of 9, by hamster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi canadakicksass,

When it bombs out... does it come out at the same spot or time all the time? Is there a pattern? Just wondering if you played with the options in the game? I can't remember now but you could try diabling d3d support or something less drastic... just to find what is causing it. Let us know what videocard you are using and the amount of memory...

My sister had it using a Voodoo3 and it caused no end of trouble. She changed the drivers and that fixed it. What drivers do you have for your card?

I learnt so much from my mistakes that I think I'll go ahead make plenty more of 'em.

Reply 4 of 9, by monkey_05_06

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If all else fails, you could always try ScummVM, but it appears that the problem is fixed as you haven't replied in a couple of days ***erm... two months... yep**** or perhaps you just haven't had a chance to log in. whatever...

Reply 5 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Curse of Monkey Island is Monkey Island 3 is NOT working in ScummVM.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 9, by monkey_05_06

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Actually, they are working on making it compatible. It's kinda skippy right now, but once the next release comes out it should be stable.

Reply 7 of 9, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

We're pretty close with Ender and the ScummVM team here, so 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 8 of 9, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

CMI is Working now with SCUMM VM -only to be up to date 😀