Devastation

Topic actions

First post, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It was running fine under win7 but ive moved to win 10 and the game ctd's
searching the net I found a post saying the game doesnt like widescreen monitors(mines 1680x1050) so you need to run it in a window
this does work (the game only lest you select non widescreen resolutions)
any way of getting it to run fullscreen it did under win7 maybe not at widescreen res it may of been 1280x1024 stretched
its unreal engine 2 btw

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 1 of 8, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Windows 10 introduces a lot of new compatibility problems with old games and dgVoodoo2 should be the first thing you try to resolve them. It requires a DirectX 11 GPU, but if you're going to be playing old games on Windows 10, investing in a DirectX 11 GPU will be well worth it.

If you don't have a DX11 GPU, this works. Assuming you don't have a different issue than the one I got when tested.

For widescreen, read here.

Reply 2 of 8, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for reminding me about d3d8
I tried it and same result then I checked the compatibility settings and realised i had set it to winxp
once removed the game worked fine,,,,

Guardian of the Sacred Five Terabyte's of Gaming Goodness

Reply 3 of 8, by Kerr Avon

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Davros wrote:

I tried it and same result then I checked the compatibility settings and realised i had set it to winxp

Is Devastation any good? I've just looked it up, and it looks interesting, though it got pretty bad reviews.

Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fxdOZaVZRk

By the way, how do you embed a video on VOGONS, please?

Reply 6 of 8, by Arctic

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kerr Avon wrote:
Is Devastation any good? I've just looked it up, and it looks interesting, though it got pretty bad reviews. […]
Show full quote
Davros wrote:

Is Devastation any good? I've just looked it up, and it looks interesting, though it got pretty bad reviews.

Youtube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fxdOZaVZRk

By the way, how do you embed a video on VOGONS, please?

I liked it a lot! I wouldnt call it a masterpiece, but the story was ok and the multiplayer part had cool features.
The rc rats are so funny! 😁

Reply 7 of 8, by Iris030380

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Kerr Avon wrote:
Davros wrote:

No. It was mildly interesting back then because there were few Unreal Engine 2 games out there, and it did look pretty. But as a game it didn't even hold a candle to the pretty average Unreal II. Some nice fire effects and textures. Definitely not worth revisiting.

I5-2500K @ 4.0Ghz + R9 290 + 8GB DDR3 1333 :: I3-540 @ 4.2 GHZ + 6870 4GB DDR3 2000 :: E6300 @ 2.7 GHZ + 1950XTX 2GB DDR2 800 :: A64 3700 + 1950PRO AGP 2GB DDR400 :: K63+ @ 550MHZ + V2 SLI 256 PC133:: P200 + MYSTIQUE / 3Dfx 128 PC66