VOGONS

First post, by Shoal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there a way to modify the desktop gamma correction of Windows 98 Second Edition without use of video card drivers? Is there a function in Win98SE itself? Or is there software that can do this?

Thanks,

Robert Aronson (Shoal)

Reply 1 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should check out the program PowerStrip. I think the web site is http://www.entechtaiwan.com/

Reply 2 of 4, by Shoal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Doesn't work. Literally. As in, I can install it, but it gamma and brightness don't change no matter how much I screw around with the sliders.

ARGH!

All I want to do is play TIE Fighter! Is that so much to ask?! First my pilot keeps disappearing, then the graphics don't function... I solve the graphics problem by installing it on a true, hardware DOS box. I learn that the reason the graphics were so screwed up in Windows XP (my normal machine) because the sound and graphics never decompressed correctly in WinXP, 'cause Microsoft's a bunch of bastards who hate DOS.

I try to get a joystick working on the DOS box. No luck. Win98SE rejects every joystick I throw at it, saying I have my maximum even though there are none installed!

I try to install TIE Fighter in DOSBox, it won't accept floppy disk 2 -- it keeps telling me to insert floppy disk 2 when floppy disk 2 is indeed inserted, and I know it works because I installed it on the Win98SE DOS box machine.

@!#^$$*

Thanks,

Robert Aronson (Shoal)

Reply 3 of 4, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try hitting ctrl+f4 in DOSBox after you insert disk 2.

Reply 4 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

or/and add the -t floppy option when mounting it.
it should do the same as ctrl-f4 on some occasions.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!