Common searches

Slam Tilt Pinball

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by Kerroj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jordan wrote:
I can Play Slamtilt on my Windows XP SP3 PC. - No installation only Copy the CD in a New Folder. - No Changes in Compatibility […]
Show full quote

I can Play Slamtilt on my Windows XP SP3 PC.
- No installation only Copy the CD in a New Folder.
- No Changes in Compatibility Mode.

Start the Game and when the Black Screen appears (after 1-2 Sec.) press the ENTER key.
Then you come direct to the Game Menu.
This also works on Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) with WINE, the only Problem with Wine is the Sound delays 1-2 Sec.

I just had to register just to reply to your now 7 years old post. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I have been trying/searching for YEARS to get this game to work on my XP!! I'm using the Win 95 version CD from Expert Software, just exit out of the setup program when it tries to install, COPY the cd to your computer, then open the file on your computer and look for the SLAMTILT program and click on it, let it load or just hit enter and it takes you to the game menu to play any of the 4 tables! SO EASY!!! I feel like I hit the lottery today!

Reply 21 of 22, by psy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

just for the info if you want to play this game in windows 7 64bit and you get weird rainbow colors like me download this util : https://sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/

run it, drag the slamtilt.exe into dxwnd window and unselect "run in window" in game modify options, now it runs perfect and in fullscreen 😀 tested with my i5 gtx 660 win7 64bit rig

[(optional,maybe wrong) i saw the cpu usage and it nearly tops 1 core so its wise to enable vsync thru nvidia control panel (i dont know if it works right) and enable another option in dxwnd -> DirectX(2) tab -> No primary SYSTEMMEMORY]

and if you want use a cpu limiter : http://mion.faireal.net/BES/
i use awake once in every 5 ms in CONTROL options and limit the cpu -30% (i play with this setting to get it right speed),
this helps the cpu to run cooler

the reason i prefer this version than using winuae is that in this version the hires mode doesnt flicker and slight bigger view, in winuae i dont like the flickering (you can switch between modes with delete/pgdn to see it in winuae)

*(wanted to stretch slam tilt hi res mode in winuae to play the pinball in vertical monitor orientation 1080x1920, i can do it with the settings but with high res flickering and interlace looks very bad when scrolling 😒 , next tried with dxwnd window but the game crashes if you try to increase window size bigger than your monitor resolution, i need a bigger number to stretch the image,if anyone knows a way to play it cabinet mode plz comment )

Last edited by psy_ on 2018-02-22, 12:29. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 22 of 22, by psy_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A little late but i managed to run slam tilt in portrait mode (1080x1920) with the help of dxwnd (to run it in a window) and Gameplay Crush "Windowed Borderless Gaming" util http://westechsolutions.net/sites/WindowedBorderlessGaming/

it works great! (tested on 64bit win 7)

(the low res mode isn't usable cause it's zoomed in, you play in high res like the screenshot, when you are ingame just enable Windowed Borderless Gaming, i assigned the PAGE DOWN key to it)

slamt_night_.jpg
Filename
slamt_night_.jpg
File size
299.23 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
slamt3.jpg
Filename
slamt3.jpg
File size