Common searches

Grand Prix 4

Topic actions

First post, by Daysofdosflightsims

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,
I am trying to get GP4 running on my W10 pc. All runs wel except for the sound: there is no sound. After trying all the suggested options I found on the internet it seems to me that GP4 does not recognize my sound card (onboard Intel display audio with Realtek driver). I cannot find any option to set this manually and the game does not let me recalibrate it (it also does not calibrate on a first start up of the game). It is the game from gp4central.

One strange thing: I had sound on one occasion when I started the game and I thought I had fixed it (intellivibe option). No such luck. So it can work, but how. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 3, by Daysofdosflightsims

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Progress! In a sudden moment ofinsight I set the game to run in windowed mode: sound! It works. Now I have to find a way to sizeand place the window right. It is a bit to big. Maybe dxwnd will help, I wi.. give it a try.

Reply 2 of 3, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Daysofdosflightsims wrote on 2020-11-25, 13:38:

Progress! In a sudden moment ofinsight I set the game to run in windowed mode: sound! It works. Now I have to find a way to sizeand place the window right. It is a bit to big. Maybe dxwnd will help, I wi.. give it a try.

dgVoodoo may help if its a D3D application. There is an option to enable Alt+Enter

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058