VOGONS

Common searches

Amerzone (and others) on Windows XP

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 28, by odorono

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

err....progress. The game seems to have installed!!!

There are a few display problems (the task bar is flickering a bit at the bottom of the screen.)

All i did was rename the exg file to exe...bingo...YOU GUYS ARE GENIUS>>>THANKYOU.

I've tried to drop a copy into the DLLCACHE folder but I cannot find it in the system 32 folder...would it make any difference anyway???

Reply 21 of 28, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I would still do a complete checkup/cleanup of your system looking for malware/spyware/viruses.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 22 of 28, by odorono

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

system is clean and fully checked.

I think i can live with the slight flicker at the bottom of the display during gameplay after having been banging my head against the wall for weeks trying to even install it.

THANK YOU ALL EVER SO MUCH.

I really appreciate your help...if I ever meet you, please claim your free beer 😁

Reply 23 of 28, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You would place NTVDM in DLLCACHE if you want to keep the NTVDM in SYSTEM32 from being overwritten, if it was overwritten the the NTVDM in DLLCACHE would automagically copy to SYSTEM32.

A virus/spyware could still overwrite both but some protection is better than none.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 27 of 28, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try enabling "Display the contents of system folders" and disabling "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)".

You could always type it into the address bar of a folder window or in the Start->Run->Open box to force it to open.