Common searches

Syberia Tip

Topic actions

First post, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Even though it really isn't old, I wanted to share this tip should Syberia crash after movies. If you have two GeForce cards (I have two 7800GTXs) capable of SLI, disable it. Syberia would always crash after a movie played no matter what I did, even with updated drivers. But updating the drivers disables SLI by default until you re-enable it. (This requires a restart) I played Syberia and got no where until I updated the drivers, whereupon I was able to progress 90% into the game. Then I turned on SLI and it would crash after a movie played, every single time just like before. I disabled SLI and had no further problems.

Reply 1 of 1, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

May want to report that to nVidia and Microids - maybe one of them will release an update that will address the issue. nVidia doesn't seem to care much about compatability with older stuff these days though.

I was also going to say that Microids doesn't offer patches, but I finally found some on their site after digging around a bit: http://www.microids.com/game.aspx?id=30 (then select downloads near the middle of the screen, below "About").