VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tiagop.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,,, I can't install Interstate Gold Edition ,, ,when I run the i76gpat16.exe which is the install file it says that Interstate'76 is not properly installed... But it is! I've checked and it is...
Can somebody please tell me what shall I do??

My Regards
..:!Tiagop!:..

Reply 3 of 10, by WiseMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im getting the same exact error too when i try to install that patch on windows xp 😒 when i start interstate 76 and when it boots up to the main menu it freezes right when u click on something.

Reply 8 of 10, by WiseMan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

the compatibility mode doesnt do anything to interstate 76 and the gold edition patch wont even install because it thinks the game is not installed on the computer. this is happening to alot of people who own interstate 76, and setting no sound acceleration allows the game to work but when u fire the guns on your car, the sound goes very choppy. is there any way to make interstate 76 work fine on xp?

Reply 9 of 10, by kestrel7e7

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do I install Interstate 76 on Windows 2000, Windows XP or Windows Vista?
Go to Start, then Run, then type d:\setup.exe -lgntforce, where d:\ is your CDrom/DVDrom drive. (note: that's -lgntforce, lowercase "L". If you're unsure, copy and paste it from here.) This problem arises because Win2K, WinXP and Vista are based on the NT kernel, which had DirectX support which was flaky at best. Thief needs DirectX to run, so, when the installer sees the NT kernel, it assumes that the game isn't going to be able to run and quits the installation. The -lgntforce switch tells the installer to ignore the NT kernel and install anyway.