VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by valas420

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i need help getting fallout to run on my pc all the other threads were great but i dont know what to do from here...i got it to cd (change directory) to the folder but when i want it to run the exe i get a message that the exe is a windows nt exe i use windows xp meadia edition with 512 mb ram, also the reason i am running fallout in dosbox is because when i play the screen refreshes and goes blank but i can see stuff again where/when i move my mouse so if could help with that it would be even better. my email is minionofthedrow@yahoo.com if youd like to contact me that way. Please help me out. and HGTG > then all

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If I recall correctly FALLOUT has both ms-dos protected mode & Win95 executables. Just use the Win95 one setting W95 compatibility mode ON first. It should work properly. Also, you should patch the game to version 1.2d (U.S) or 1.1e (UK) (If I am not mistaken).

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 3, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Fallout 1 will run in XP - my roommate played through the entire game that way last summer.

As eL said, make sure to install the latest patch as the game has many bugs.

Reply 3 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The game does have some pallete issues. tho. I also experienced the effect he describes once or twice untl I beat the game. This was like 32 weeks ago. Never found a fix for the pallete issue but I didn't bother looking around on the 'net and it didn't bother me that much.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline