VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A few years ago, I had the Requiem Sneak Peek on my old system, which was just a single boss battle. It was interesting, but at the time I was pretty new to FPS games and there were other games I wanted to get first.

I pretty much forgot about it until recently. I dug out the Sneak Peek demo only to find that it requires a 3DFX system. I then downloaded the proper demo, which supports Direct3D, but it won't run because it wants DirectX6. I have DirectX9c.

I see that there's a patch for the full game to make it compatible with DirectX8, but I'm wondering if the game will still complain about me having the wrong version of DirectX.

Before I spend the money to get a copy of the full game, can anyone tell me if it will work? The OS isn't a problem as I have Windows 98SE.

If not, is there any way to temporarily change the DirectX version number to fool the game into thinking I have DirectX6?

Reply 1 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I only have the Sneak Peek which requires 3DFX so I've always used a glide wrapper to get it working. I think I used either DGVoodoo or Zeckensack.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 6, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Works perfectly with Directx 9.0. I finished it a year and a half ago and I had DirectX 9.0 and Win XP Pro SP2. Just make sure you have the latest patch installed and it will work great (you don't need 3dfx, Direct3D works fine).

Reply 3 of 6, by Rekrul

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I only have the Sneak Peek which requires 3DFX so I've always used a glide wrapper to get it working. I think I used either DGVoodoo or Zeckensack.

I've never used a Glide wrapper myself. How well do they work?

Works perfectly with Directx 9.0. I finished it a year and a half ago and I had DirectX 9.0 and Win XP Pro SP2. Just make sure you have the latest patch installed and it will work great (you don't need 3dfx, Direct3D works fine).

Thanks for the confirmation. I posted this on another forum as well and got the same answer. Now I just have to check eBay for a copy of the game. 😀

Reply 5 of 6, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I had problems with that part as well. I don't remember very well what I did but I think I loaded a game from an earlier point and it worked.

Just load an earlier save and try again. I think it is just a bug.