VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DeadGoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
This game seems to run okay I just need some help with the video options.
It has 3 modes, DirectDraw, Direct3d and 3dfx. 3dfx is unavailable but thats okay I dont wanna use it anyway.
It has 2 resolutions, 640x480 and 800x600. It wont let me choose 800x600 in either mode, the readme says I need atleast 4mb of video ram for that but I have a Geforce4 (128mb of ram). Ive tried the hardware aceleration on all the different settings, and Ive got the latest patch of the game (v1.0.0.3).

And if anyone has specific experiance with the game Ill ask is it possible to get dynamic lighting in Direct3D mode? It says "currently unavailbe" which according to the readme means they would add it in later but I guess they never got around to it 🙁 ? And also my camera reset button doesnt seem to work.

My specs:
Win2k SP4
Geforce4ti4200 128mb(driver version 5572)
DirectX9.0c
AMD Athlon 2100+
512mb DDR

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Some of the graphics options were only available with a 3-D fx addin card. You could try one of the Glide wrappers.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 3, by DeadGoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks alot guys. I tried out a few glide wrappers. Zeckensack's being the best but unfortunetly it runs too slow on my PC, maybe theres a diffference between the demo and the full version. Its okay though Ive decided to just play in DirectDraw mode.
And now Ive found I can save games but it crashes when I try load em 🤣. I tried all the different compatability modes. But its okay coz it works on my laptop with WinXP so I guess ill just play it on that.