VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by AnimeG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have owned Syndicate Wars since it first came out, being a big fan of the original. The game ran well on my first PC, but now I'm on my 3rd PC, and I'm using Windows XP. I have messed around with the latest version of VDM Sound, DosBox, and just raw command prompt. None have yielded desirable results, VDM Souns gave me an overly fast running game with no sound, DosBox is way too slow to make the game enjoyable, no matter what the setting, and the regular prompt window flat out doesn't work. I have read the threads on this game in here, and haven't found any solution which worked for me. So now I am posting this thread to find out if anyone has tried something new and has gotten it to work well under Windows XP. Thanks you.😀

Reply 1 of 2, by krischn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.

Go get it from Underdogs. Worked for me, and as you bought it (like I did, OF COURSE), you're legally entitled to do so...

P.S. Pretty late answer, but as you're a newbie, I'm sure you have enabled notification.

Krischn

Reply 2 of 2, by AnimeG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have a dial up connection, that would take forever, also, I bought the game when it first came out, I stopped playing since after I upgraded my PC, it ran too fast, and with MoSlo, I got corrupted graphics.