VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Saad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi to all.
i have a Hopkins FBI game that i had play it before(5 year ago) in 98. and now i want to play it in XP but i cant install it. what i should do?

Reply 2 of 13, by Saad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

when i insert the CD-ROM application runs a menu that i click on "Install Hopkins FBI" , then surface a screen that is black (and 800*600) but does not become anything and when i try to exit it see this:
" Application Error: H:\HOPKINS4\SETUP95.EXE
An privileged instruction was executed at address 0014bce5
Click on Ok to ternimate the application "

Reply 5 of 13, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

thanks for the info...

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 6 of 13, by Saad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i can setup it just by create a new Drive by FAT32 type to it can copy files there. and now i think Game does not work well. because in game:
i get some keys and then goes to open car's door but i cant open. is it that maybe my RAM is NTFS and that does not work??!!!!! or my path is wrong!!!?

Reply 7 of 13, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Nah, NTFS or FAT32 doesn't matter to a game. (Also it's your hard drive that uses NTFS or FAT32...not your RAM 😉 ).

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 10 of 13, by Saad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Right,
My path was wrong..
You will not need FAT32 Drive type, or anything, just
http://www.hopkinsfbi.com/zip/setupXP.exe
and dont forget in game that get mouse over on top left of screen for an icon.
so Thanks... Bye

Reply 11 of 13, by carapippino

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi i'm running hopkins fbi on a windows xp sp2 machine and when i have to go to the fbi laboratory (in any moment of the game), the game crashes and returns to windows with this: tw_fillblock: adpcm_initdecoestream() failed. adpcmerror:adpcmerr_invalidadpcmbufptr

i tried also the windows 95 and 98 compatibility right click on hopknins,exe but with no luck

do u know how to resolve?

thx in advance