VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

how do i get past the screen saying please insert the cd? i have both cd's and under windows 9x it works fine but under windows xp it doesnt play...

it may be because i have 2 cd drives on my win xp computer...

anywho... halfgaar should know my sys specs from another thread here... oh and i have the patches for it to upgrade it too the latest version and they don't resolve my problem.

blood 1, settlers 2, settlers 2 gold.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 1 of 3, by sblack162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you applied "Safedisk Update"? I found information on this problem and just finished playing the game. I just don't remember where I found the solution. I remember I had to download Safedisk Update and apply that - its for XP's unable to read copy protection. Also they said I needed to change some system settings for my CD Rom. Did both those things and FINALLY was able to play the game.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. I also disabled HT on my system and used a slow down program (Turbo) for acceptable game play.

Aquarius_Rising

Reply 2 of 3, by sblack162

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Franpa, please ignore my first post. I was thinking of another game. For this game, I used the bat file from Inferno's site http://home.earthlink.net/~angeldancer27/XpGameList.htm
and it worked just fine. In fact this bat file puts the whole game on your computer and you don't need the disk in the drive to play it.

Hope this is more helpful.

Aquarius Rising

Reply 3 of 3, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Awesome... it worked... thanks very much... i may host this file myself... i will include where i got the file from etc.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website