VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dead kitty

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get '3-D Dinosaur Adventure' game to work. It was about to work and it said I didn't have enough space to install. the game that is. and I have plenty of space. and that's the main source of the game 'install1.exe' there isn't a 3ddino.exe or whatever. is there any way I could get this to work? sorry id this doesn't make sense. 😒

Reply 1 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

According to Mobygames, it's a WINDOWS game.

Moving to Windows section...

I also added the game's name to the title of the thread...

But first things first...

Welcome to the forum!

Did you try any compatibility modes (if you are running win2000 or XP)? In order to do this just right-click on the game main executable and check PROPERTIES > COMPATIBILITY.
Just because this game is from 1999 (if I am not mistaken), you can safely choose the w98 option. Restart game.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 8, by dead kitty

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have XP. I did that and it keeps saying this.

yo9yb.png
so close yet so far.

and I have plenty of space! >.<

it says on the cover it can run on DOS or Windows. and it came out in '93. they made a newer version in 1999 I think. I just have the older version not the newer one.

Reply 3 of 8, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

This is a common problem with old games whose programmers never guessed how big hard drives and memory capacities would get. Not sure if/how this can be fixed in a Windows game. You could try running the DOS version in DOSBox, as DOSBox lets you choose how much free space is reported to games.

Reply 4 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Tried ALL the compatibility modes, including W95?

@HunterZ: If there isn't any MS-DOS version, she may be out of luck.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 6 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Maybe it's some of those hybrid versions. The only way for her to find out is to try out DOSBox.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)

Reply 7 of 8, by dead kitty

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried everything and it still hasn't worked. just up to that screen.

I've tried it with another old game. 'Jyrassic Park Paint and Activity Center' and it worked til' it went to the menu and locked up. maybe I'm doing something wrong or it's the dos box! probably me. 😒