VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 25, by rennervision

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I own the Windows version of X-Wing and was thinking about getting the two addons B-Wing and Imperial Pursuit. Since the addons were only (as far as I know) released in DOS, can anyone tell me if these are compatible with the windows version of X-Wing?

Reply 21 of 25, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Think about it: the Windows version uses the more recent XWing vs TIE Fighter engine while the old dos expansion packs use the old engine. You can't expect a game to convert old models to now more complicated models with textures.

Reply 22 of 25, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I thought the collector's edition already had both packs...

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 23 of 25, by rennervision

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't think mine has those add-ons. It does contain the 14-mission Flight School version of X-Wing Vs. Tie Fighter.

I also wonder if the Balance of Power expansion pack will work with this version of XvT. I'm pretty sure Balance of Power was made for Windows.

Reply 24 of 25, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

B-Wing and Imperial Pursuit are both expansions for X-Wing, not X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter.

Mi pack had X-Wing 95, Tie Fighter 95 and the "short" version of X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter.

I'll check tonight if the expansion packs were included...

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 25 of 25, by rennervision

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

B-Wing and Imperial Pursuit were (as far as I know) only released in DOS and were expansion packs for X-Wing. I realize it was kind of a long shot these would work with the Windows version of X-Wing.

I didn't mean to imply they were expansion packs for XvT. I was wondering if the Balance of Power add-on would work with XvT Flight School? (The 14-mission version of XvT included with my X-Wing cd.) If it works, I might try to grab Balance of Power off Ebay.

These have too many different versions and add-ons!!! 😀