VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mike02x

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've read the Readme.txt, tried different options, and the only problem is that is NOT detecting my CDROM, i did follow the instructions for my CD-ROM since i had set it as f or should i just REALLY FOLLOW the instructions as D as it said on the Readme file? gotta notice that my computer have 3 Partitions, including recovery one... so D as Drive would not work at all... i have a DVD and normal CD-ROM which is the F Drive which i was trying to set it to work ,but the game just won't read, i tried everything but now it just shows an Fatal Memory Error, then the Wonga = 13500.

My computer Specs :
Video Card : ATI Radeon 9800 Modded Special Edition 256MB.
2.4GB
AMD 3200+
Unknown Motherboard (its a Refurbished, but i added the VCard myself).
200GB HDD Partitioned into C,D and K(for Games). C as you all may know its only for Windows and D is my Recovery Partition.

So PLEASE HELP ME!!! ... i even installed the "Patch" but it keeps on asking for the wail32.dll, even when i copied it into the game dir... or maybe i should change it letters into lowercase?

Please help... since i just bought the game... i loved that game... and never had a chance to finish... cuz i been moving for 3 years and i lost the game at my first or second house...

Thanks, 😐

Reply 1 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

My telepathic skills don't work today. I don't know which game you are talking about.
Sorry can't help

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 8, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Mike02x wrote:

So PLEASE HELP ME!!! ... i even installed the "Patch" but it keeps on asking for the wail32.dll, even when i copied it into the game dir...

MS-DOS games don't usually have DLLs. Is it that he's trying to run a Windows game?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 8, by Mike02x

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ooop, shoot, yes im talking about Privateer 2, since i typed it in the search, i asume this forum was mostly speaking of that game, sorry.

Thanks SysGOD, for guessing my question, my bad... i didn't mention what game i was trying to play?!
😖

Reply 7 of 8, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Since this is a problem with running the game unders Windows, I am moving this thread to the Windows forum.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 8, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i dont know if you are using the patched win95 version or the unpatched plain dos version. your first post sounds like, you are trying to run the dos game under windows without VDMS or dosbox.

since you have opened a second thread in the dosbox forum ive posted an answer there...