VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey,

My brother and I have been trying to get Carma2 network play to work. The game itself runs 100% fine on both systems (under XP Pro), but neither machine can "see" the other in order to initiate a network game (no matter who hosts, the other machine says "no games in progress").

The network itself is your run-of-the-mill home Ethernet LAN these days.... I know that Carma2 was written for IPX networks, so I've installed Windows' IPX-compatible protocol on both ends before trying (more specificially - "NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport Protocol"). No help.

[Edit]: - following the advice of some FAQs I changed the Frame Type under the IPX properties to 802.3... made sure that all firewalls were off, too. Doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
VR

Reply 1 of 1, by Rocko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do recall playing this a few years ago on the network with WinXP, But I don't recall any problems with it.

I'll save you some trouble though, it's not very fun to play a network game with. I thought it would be cool.....but I was wrong. Can't remember why really.