VOGONS

Common searches

Need help to get Wargasm work!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by kuppi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

When I try to play Wargasm on XP, nothing doesn't happen. When I click Wargasm shotcut nothing happens. I have tried that Wargasm's shortcut then propeties and compatibilty and then Windows 95, 98/2000 and NT but it doesn't work.

Please somebody help me I really wanna play this game, because I have good memories when playing Wargasm. I dont wan't to spend ~100 euros to buy bad computer.

So, PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME!

I'm sorry about my bad english.

Reply 1 of 7, by SysGOD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

welcome to the forum kuppi.

if i remember correctly this great game worked good for me on my xp system, several years ago.

first try the latest patch (you can get it here).
you should also set win 95/98/2k compatibilty mode for the launcher app.

i check it tomorrow after getting some sleep... 😵

report back if you need more help

Reply 3 of 7, by fdlchris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone actually used Wargasm in 3dfx Glide?

I see a lot of topics around here labelled "Glide Games List", which inlcude Wargasm.

However, I have tried it on my DELL XPS M200s (Windows 95) with my Orchid Righteous 3D (voodoo1) and it doesn't offer 3dfx Glide as an option in the game configuration app. Only Direct3D is available in the dropdown.

I'd really like to know if this game does actually support 3dfx Glide, and if it does, why can't I enable it?
I have other games currently installed that are utilising the Glide API, so there's nothing wrong with the card or the system configuration.

Reply 5 of 7, by fdlchris

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok. I saw your comments here about such game in Glide (Revised list of Voodoo games for DOS.) and I finally gave up trying to think that 3dfx Glide is a possibility.

I know it's off-topic (sorry), but while I've got your attention, what about Hidden & Dangerous 1?

I, for one, don't believe it has Glide support, but I'm sick of seeing it in these completely inaccurate "Glide Game List"s that keep popping up everywhere.

Reply 6 of 7, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Working perfectly in XpSp3. You need patch #2 and Win98 compatibility for the tank.exe and didcfg.exe (or the setting will be lost).
And - there is no glide API support in Wargasm at all.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).