VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I am trying to play the PC game Morpheus on Windows XP. It installs nicely, but when I open the game and start to move around, I get the following message:

Unhandled exception: c0000005
At address: 66868928
Top of stack: 66868979

When I hit "OK", the game crashes. Does any one know how to fix this?

glyco0

Reply 3 of 7, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did you try the compatibility settings?

Morpheus is running fine on my computer (WinXP / SP2).
The only problem is, that the screen is turning too fast, so I have to use a slowdown utility.

Reply 4 of 7, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did try changing the compatibility to Windows 95, but it did not make a difference. I also changed the colors to 256 per Inferno's advice. A message box then told me to change from 16 bit to 8 bit resolution. Then it hung up.

glyco0

Reply 5 of 7, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I rechecked my installed version again: The only compatibilty setting I have turned on, is to run the game in 640x480, everything else is switched off (so no Windows 95 or 98 mode and no 8bit/256 color display).
The only other thing I have to do before running the game, is to set my graphics display to 16 bit in the display configuration box.

Maybe you have to install the version of Quicktime which is supplied on the game CDs.

Reply 7 of 7, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Perhaps I have spoken a little to soon. The graphics work fine except for looking at the door handles on the ship deck. When you see the magnifying glass which tells you to pan in close, the panned view is all white as if the panned view did not register. Has anyone else experienced this?

glyco0