VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've flashed the V3 bios to the latest.

Win3.11wfw takes a while to 'boot up', I get a 'ding' startup sound effect, then the screen freezes after load up + mouse is locked. Have to reboot cause it's locked up.

I've tried both VGA and SVGA modes from C:\windows\setup hmmmm

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 1 of 4, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well you shouldn't need the latest anything for Win3.11. That OS was built for ISA/VLB video cards, not a 1999-built Voodoo3. 😀

You should probably just get some old S3-based video card. Trio 64 had drivers for 3.1.

To be even more honest, I'd just suggest running 3.1 in VirtualPC. There you can re-enjoy the OS's instability without buying anything or spending time getting old hardware working. There's not much you can even do with it anymore and most games that run in 3.1 will work in 9x or DOS anyway.

Reply 3 of 4, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm just trying to dual-boot a Pentium 200 w/ MS-Dos6.22/Win3.11wfw and Win98se

I've got an old 2 meg'r S3 that works w/ Windows3.11 Hmm.. wonder if I could have both hooked up? Nah.. that'll be too much work, I'll just uninstall win3.11 and just live w/ MS-DOS6.22

Dell Optiplex Gxpro: Built solely so I could re-live my SB16 days properly with newly acquired sound pieces: MT-32, SCB-55, and DB50xg 😀

Reply 4 of 4, by Mike 01Hawk

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Any way to run the Voodoo3 w/ a 2nd vid card that will work for Win3.11?