VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dochyde

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Folks

Just joined having recently downloaded the Gabriel Knight installer. The game loads, although the midi sound plays a bit funny, it seems to missing bits out. The other problem is that the speech (not sound effects - they're fine) play really really slowly - to the extent that at the beginning Grace sounds like a man with a really deep voice. If I let it run, the game doesn't get much further as I get a general protection fault.

Can anyone help?

I'm on Windows 2000, and have the original gabriel knight CD (not a copy, not from a compilation - the original with box and everything).

Cheers

Doc

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you running the ms-dos or the win 3.x version? I am asking looking forward to move this thread to DOS section.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Endroz's installer, sadly, only installs the Windows version. NewRisingSun had developed a patch that worked with both, but withdrew it after Endroz released his installer. I wish that Endroz would release just patches in a zip, too, for the DOS version.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers